AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an ASRock HTPC that won't display an image using active HDMI cables. It works with a passive cable.

I've tried 2 cables, neither of which works with the PC, but work perfectly with a Panasonic 4K Bluray player:
  • HDMI Fiber Cable RUIPRO 4K60HZ HDR 20 feet Light Speed HDMI2.0b Cable, Supports 18.2 Gbps, ARC, HDR10, Dolby Vision, HDCP2.2, 4:4:4, Ultra Slim and Flexible HDMI Optic Cable with Optic Technology 6m
  • Monoprice 4K SlimRun AV High Speed HDMI Cable 20ft - CMP Rated AOC 18Gbps Black
It's an ASRock CORE 100HT with an i3-350 laptop CPU connected to an LG 4K OLED. It outputs 1080p, and as I said, there's no problem with a passive cable. Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
292 Posts
@pirspilane: you might also pose this question in this category of AVS --> Industry Area, and specifcally the thread entitled --> HDMI Q & A.

Edit: never mind as you already posted in that particular thread. ( I did not find a way to delete my entire message).

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have no experience with active cables but why are you using a 20 foot active cable when a passive 20 foot will work?

Do you have a longer run or something on a different cable? If not just switch to passive active does nothing outside extend range.

I read this yesterday and didn't respond because i was confused but it's been a while so might as well ask.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts