AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody.

I want to replace my Logitech 5.1 x530 with some 2.0 active monitors.

They will be connected to my soundcard Creative SB X-FI Xtreme Gamer. Sometime i use the headphones ( Sennheiser 429 HD ) for gaming, movies, music.

What would you recommend me for about 400 US $ ?

It would be nice if the monitors have headphones slot on the front / side, not in the back.

What do you think about those : http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHMS40

Please give me some advices.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
The 2031 are better than the one's linked in the first post. The active small monitor market is outstanding, highly competitive and great value is to be had there.

You may search for another solution for your headphone jack.

If you have a Sam Ash, or Guitar Center nearby, go and audition what you can afford, and pick what you want.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I was slightly more enamored with Behringer Truth B3031a, but really anything in their Truth lineup is quite good. Two others that were auditioned which I really liked:

Tannoy Reveal 601A

Swan M200MkIII

All are priced in the $400-500 range.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethawk  /t/1467668/active-monitors-2-0-please-help-me#post_23188493

I was slightly more enamored with Behringer Truth B3031a, but really anything in their Truth lineup is quite good.

Yep, I'd agree. If the 3031 is the bigger offering, with the ribbon, it's a good one, very good.

As stated, I'm convinced these small active monitors offer some of the best deals in audio. The market is fiercely competitive within this segment. What's availed to consumers at $200-$250 each is great. Moving up to $500-$750 or so offers up some strong performers too.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
One thing about choosing speakers for nearfield use - auditioning is a must (IMO), preferably in your own space. There are a lot of speakers out there that people may recommend which would cause you to want to tear your ears off - everyone's taste and space are different. I'm sensitive to bright highs, and would therefore not trust anyone's recommendation for this particular configuration. I went through 12 or so brands before finally deciding. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts