AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to see 'Win a Date with Tad Hamilton' today. Part way into the movie there is an extreme closeup of Kate Bosworth's face and I realized her left eye is blue but her right eye seemed almost brown. It was so unusual I spent a lot of the rest of the movie watching her eyes. In some scenes they looked distinctly different colors, but in others they both looked bright blue. When I got home I checked her listing on IMDB and it says she does have different colored eyes. I guess I need to rewatch my 'Blue Crush' DVD and look for her eyes.

Any other actors with different colored eyes?

Duane

P.S. If you enjoy the light, romantic comedy type of movie, I would give this movie a thumbs up.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
It even has a medical name: "heterochromia". David Bowie is the only one that I can think of at the moment, but it's not terribly rare.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Bowie doesn't have different colored eyes, as I recall. What happened was he was in a fight or was otherwise hit in the eye when he was younger (birth name David Jones), and as a result, the pupil of that eye is permanently dilated. But, he could be heterochromic, too. He's been hetero in other ways.

·
Registered
542 Posts
And as a note of interest, some forms of colorblindness can be treated by using a colored contact lens in one eye. I've wondered if that treatment was what I was seeing in some cases where actors appeared to have different colored eyes. After all, colorblindness is not that uncommon.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
eweiss,

Bowie's eyes are indeed different colors. But I can understand wanting to punch him, that might have happened too. With a few exceptions, I find his music and style to be a pale imitation of various other artist over the years.

"Hetero in other ways" ... ?

·
Registered
7,554 Posts

Originally posted by moore
eweiss,

Bowie's eyes are indeed different colors. But I can understand wanting to punch him, that might have happened too. With a few exceptions, I find his music and style to be a pale imitation of various other artist over the years.

"Hetero in other ways" ... ?
[/QUOTE

That was a pun. heteros is a Greek word meaning "other." David's (in)famous past includes sexual dalliances across the gender line.

Actually, I used to be a big Bowie fan -- had Ziggy Stardust long before he really became famous, and used to have some wonderful bootleg vinyls, with arguably his best live performances on them -- but I gave those up long ago.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tracie
IIRC, Jane Seymor has eyes that are different colors (can't remember what they are, though).
Yes, Jane does have different colors. Gray and Green, IIRC.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Quote:
That was a pun. heteros is a Greek word meaning "other." David's (in)famous past includes sexual dalliances across the gender line.
You mean, he had sex with women? How bizzare. ;)

I believe you may be confused about the application of hetero in this context.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by moore
You mean, he had sex with women? How bizzare. ;)

I believe you may be confused about the application of hetero in this context.
I was just playing with "heterochromia." No serious statement of fact intended. In fact, what I wrote was somewhat illogical, something I thought up in the corner of a morning in the past, no more than the width of a circle. It will all be over in five years, anyway. Besides, I'm only dancing. Tell it to all the young dudes - they'll understand, unless they're all lads insane.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I also noticed Kate's eyes in Blue Crush. At first I tought it was just the lighting or my imagination. My wife is a physician and I asked her how rare it is. She said "very rare". I found her eyes to be quite compelling and beautiful in the "Blue Crush" close-ups.

Mark

·
Registered
21 Posts
My wife has different colored eyes. The right is bright blue, and the left is blue on the top half and brownish on the bottom.

And before you ask, no, she was that way when I found her, I did not punch her.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.