AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Disclaimer: Apologies if this is a repost, no matches in search).

Just found this article ...

Acute PVR Disorder

"After a failed attempt to solve the problem, I decided to return our day old ReplayTV. Returning it was no small feat. Replay's customer service people are in India, while their systems and accounting people are in the U.S. So there was a slight delay in getting the refund coordinated. I think ReplayTV's obituary is almost ready for editorial review."

This guy built his own PVR ... for $800.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Yes Virginia, some people ARE too stupid to use a Replay. Too bad he didn't try the Tivo. He could have gone on for pages about how it squeeks at him and recommends stuff and ..............

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Wow, this guy is really impatient. He gave ReplayTV a whole one-day trial. His beef with it was the channel guide was screwed up, something neither ReplayTV or Tivo (which he kept swearing would of fixed it) directly control.

He also doesn't seem to do much research before hand or else he'd know these issues before hand. Maybe a visit to the AVS forum would of saved him about $400 and a lot of his time :D

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hey! What's wrong with grape soda?

The Dreamer

·
Registered
567 Posts
Quote:
We watched The Daily Show for the next five hours straight. Heaven.
I stopped reading as soon as I read this. Instant credibility loss.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I tried a MythTV as well, after my Showstopper was acting up. Hell of a lot more work than hooking up a Replay-- features are slightly better, but video quality is not nearly as good.. the compression does a job on it, plus you'd need a really good input/tuner card to have anything comparable to replay.

I have since formatted its harddrive and made a new system-- and bought a Replay 5080 :)

-Don

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
He's shooting for 2K before the weekend is up.........me thinks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.