AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was just wondering if anybody had any info on ADA using Trinnov. Will this be in a preamp? This was on Trinnov's website:

Upcoming Events

CEDIA Expo, Sept 3-7, Denver

Trinnov Audio's technologies will be showcased by several manufacturers at this year's CEDIA Expo:

* on booth SR-13, Sherwood is showcasing the R-972 Receiver featuring our licensed Optimizer technology for digital room correction and loudspeaker placement remapping.

* on booth 500, ADA is exhibiting a licensed Trinnov Optimizer for Home Theater.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Lol, posting the same observation within 8 hours of each other.

I speculate it was in the announced ADA Rhapsody Mach IV, but need someone who was there and went to the ADA booth to confirm.

Just as well to have a separate thread for it. Anyone attend CEDIA and go to the ADA booth?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric,

I missed your post in that thread, I will have to follow that one as well. Have you heard any recent reviews of how the SN was with the Trinnov? I am trying to narrow down a preamp soon!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I don't follow AVRs closely, but I had thought the S-N was not yet released and had not been reviewed as yet. I had thought alot of the S-N AVR interest was due to Trinnov.

Trinnov should take a page from Audyssey and build a post-processor with their technology in it like the Sound Equalizer. Their commercial solution is a bit pricey for HT use at $12K. The SEQ is about $5K with XLR interfaces.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I read The Trinnov in the S-N AVR has promise. I would prefer a preamp, but am willing to give an AVR a try. I have not read anything else about ADA using Trinnov except from the website.

·
Registered
29,956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness77 /forum/post/14642490

Have you heard any recent reviews of how the SN was with the Trinnov? I am trying to narrow down a preamp soon!

Don't know if you had heard, but S-N recently cancelled their preamp and will only be releasing a reciever (still with Trinnov).

Sanjay

·
Registered
4 Posts
We showed a proto-type chassis of the TEQ-1, eight-channel Trinnov based room corrections EQ. S-N was demoing the technology in their receiver. Ours was a static look at a box that is in development. Target price is between $5K-$6K. At the show we mentioned a Q2-Q3 release but hey, you never know as that might be moved up. All in all, a very exciting technology and one we look forward to bringing to market as soon as it is ready. And we rarely ever release products/technologies until their cooked - it's just not our way. Hope this helps.

Richard

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Wow, the people you find on this forum... 1 post in four years, talk about exceptional SNR.

Richard, thank you for updating us in on what ADA showed at CEDIA. A Trinnov based outboard processor similar to the Audyssey SEQ would be a very interesting addition to the room correction processor space.

I vote for balanced XLR connections if you are asking...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Outlaw has an announcement on their website regarding co-development of the Trinnov processing in a receiver for Sherwood and a pre-pro for themselves, the 997. Details on their website forum.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am as well excited about this. I looked it over at the booth but as we are not dealers (I do have an ADA system) I shyed away from asking more. At 5-6K this would be nice to have.

Thanks for this Richard and yes on the XLR as well.

Tyler

1 - 11 of 11 Posts