AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I'm not asking a stupid question, but if I don't solve this problem, my X1 is headed back to the store...........

About the only possible place to mount my X1 is a cabinet approx. 12 feet from my screen. HD and DVD are amazing at this distance, but I like the projector to be about 4 to 6 feet closer for SD satellite pictures. At this distance the satellite pics are still equal to a 45 inch TV, and they are sharp and clear. But back at 12 feet, they are lousy. I have tried to switch to 'Native' at 12 feet, but the pic quality on 'Native' is not very good. For SD satellite the projector needs to be on 4:3, and moved closer.

Has anyone found any way to zoom out (smaller)? Maybe some kind of wide angle camera lens that would do the opposite of zoom, make it smaller at 12 feet? The zoom on the X1 don't do a lot....

I LOVE this X1 for HD! I have seen the $4000 HD tv's at the stores, and I can't see much difference with my X1. But unless I can find a way to use it in my small house, it will be going back to Best Buy.....

Anyone???

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Have you adjusted the focus to make sure it's sharply in focus?

Also, what mode are you in when watching Satellite?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I watch satellite I have it in 4:3, S-video cable. (And focused...)

Ceiling fan is in the way, if I mount off to the side the pic would be distorted...

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
For such a short throw, you are better off putting it on a coffee table of some sort if you have a ceiling fan in the way. I don't think any projector will work with your setup limitations if you end up returning the X1. The X1 is as good as it gets for satellite TV when using the farouda chip. Satellite TV compression is your problem, not the X1.

·
Registered
807 Posts
you've tried native mode -- it's interesting that it doesn't help, as it should.

I'd also look closer at your satellite equipment, cables ... because I'm using a 75" wide 4:3 screen (95" diag) watching SDTV on my dishnetwork PVR via Svideo on my X1 -- and only once or twice have I had to reduce the picture due to it being bad.

stupid question, but I suspect that you're zoomed in all the way to watch HDTV ... -- what happens if you zoom the picture out w/ the manual zoom? native mode might be easier though.

what is the actual problem you're having w/ satellite TV reception?

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.