AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm kind of new to audio and I was wondering if anyone might have any advice for this little problem of mine...

My bass is excruciatingly loud. My sub woofer has limited level control capabilities. I was hoping to add a pot to adjust the bass.

Can I add this in between the two leads that connect the long-throw sub woofer to the PCB? Any suggestions as to what kind of variable resistor pot I should be purchasing? I've been reading that some types are better than others for audio.

Thanks for any help!

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
A detailed gear list is necessary to make any diagnosis. We can't tell you what the problem might be if we don't know what you've got.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice /forum/post/18287444

A detailed gear list is necessary to make any diagnosis. We can't tell you what the problem might be if we don't know what you've got.

It's a very lightweight 3pc setup I have for my bedroom. I'm just using some nice desktop computer speakers that give me agreeable sound.

Model is Altec Lansing VS4221

Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 98 dB

Total Continuous Power: 35 Watts RMS

Subwoofer: 19 Watts @ 8 ohms

@ 10% THD @ 40 - 160 Hz

Single Channel Loaded

System Response: 40 Hz - 20 kHz (-10 dB)

Signal to Noise Ratio

@ 1 kHz input: > 80 dB

Drivers (per satellite): Two 28mm full-range and

one 3" mid-bass driver

Subwoofer: One 6.5" long-throw woofer

Here's a PCB layout...but it's not quite in English.The two leads in-between the 3300uF/35V capacitor connect to the sub woofer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.