AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have an Onkyo HT-R530 receiver and want to add some wireless headphones to my A/V setup for watching TV/Movies, etc.

When I use headphones at the moment, I simply plug my cans into the front plug and off I go.

However, with a wireless solution, I am hoping for a more seamless integration. I like the idea of simply lifting the headphones off the base station and away I go..no plugging/unplugging of the headphone jack.

Is it possible to use the speaker set B for this? Has anyone done anything like this before? If not speaker set B, how about any other solutions?

Cheers,

Pat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, I've been too busy at work to try any of this until today.

I just had a look at the back panel of my receiver and I don't have any valid outputs, analogue or digital that I can use.

The only outputs are for Tape or Video 1, but tape 1 has no inputs assigned and I can't duplicate the input source across selection.

Video 1 is already assigned to my optical audio input from the cable tv box.

I have a dedicated headhone plug on the front panel of the receiver, but I am hoping to find a solution that leaves all outputs going at the same time, allowing me to selectively mute whatever outputs I wish manually.

This is why I am hoping to use speaker set B, so that both the headphones and main speakers are always active.

The speaker set B has outputs for L/R with a positive & ground wire for each channel.

Is it possible for me to snip of the wires of the current headphone plugs, and re-wire the positive wires directly into the speaker set B plugs, with them both sharing a common ground wire split into 2 (as I believe it is already done that way on the actual headphone plugs??)

Cheers,

Pat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts