AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I currently have a Sony KDL50ex645. It works fine but I keep looking at the 4k sets such as the Samsung UN55hu7250. I want it to be a significant upgrade. I have a dedicated media room for the really big screen but this is for my living room. Is it going to be visually worth it? Majority of what I would be watching is Dish Network at 720p.

"Upgrade" or stick with the Sony????

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
Hi

I currently have a Sony KDL50ex645. It works fine but I keep looking at the 4k sets such as the Samsung UN55hu7250. I want it to be a significant upgrade. I have a dedicated media room for the really big screen but this is for my living room. Is it going to be visually worth it? Majority of what I would be watching is Dish Network at 720p.

"Upgrade" or stick with the Sony????
A lot of big changes coming this year with U-ray, HDR, HEVC 2.0, HDMI 2.0a, SuperMHL, etc. If you can wait until at least the end of the year I would, as all the specs still need to be nailed down. Hopefully, we will get actual U-Ray prototypes at IFA in September or at the latest CES in January.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have spent quite a bit of time researching 4k and the curved screen "benefit." It seems you are right on. I really want to "upgrade" and will put it on hold right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts