AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i add 2 additional subwoofers to my HT by using 8 channel bridgeble amplifier ??? plz advice...any issues in connecting the single Sub Out connection to the external amp ? should i use signal amplifier before connecting it ??? plz advice

·
Registered
7,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeemon Paul  /t/1526592/adding-2-more-subwoofers#post_24588182

can i add 2 additional subwoofers to my HT by using 8 channel bridgeble amplifier ??? plz advice...any issues in connecting the single Sub Out connection to the external amp ? should i use signal amplifier before connecting it ??? plz advice

Don't get into bridging amplifiers. It isn't something you want to do in home audio. If you want to use passive subwoofers, then a stereo amp will handle the two subwoofers. You can use an RCA splitter cable to get the subwoofer content to them from the preamp output.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any budget brands....not any specific brands...any amp fits my wallet .....you can suggest some models...also advice how i use the pre amp out connections to a stereo amp ...and if i want 150 W RMS X 2 woofers then wot suppose to be the amp capacity etc.... and thank you very much for helping me out....

·
Registered
7,989 Posts
I don't see a problem with bridging an amp. So if you already have that amp I would use it. Provided it IS bridgable and the subwoofers are at a stable impedance for the amp. For instance, most amps are not stable if bridged with a 4ohm load and very very few are stable at 2ohms bridged. So make sure it's capable.

You haven't chosen your subwoofer yet? Most subs come with an amplifier built in. If you're going to buy a passive subwoofer then you'll need your amp. But that seems unlikely.

Hooking it up is easy. Just use an RCA splitter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
am just getting started ..i already have a wharfedale Sub and an AV receiver..but i want to add 2 more passive sub with an amp...but i cant find a amp...now am thinking abt car sub woofer amp ...but again power source will be an problem...amp need a DC supply with a huge step down transformer it seeems...any ideas ?

·
Registered
7,989 Posts
There are many amp options. Depends on your budget of course. But a lot of people use Behringer products for an affordable option. Crown XLS amps. The Dayton SA1000. Etc.

What is your budget ? For subs and amp. You'll probably need a minimum of $500 to make something happen. That's even if you were to go with an assemble yourself kit or something.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you very much for your help...and the budget is perfect....now active subwoofers is costing almost $500 Each....so now am thinking for an option which is

Sony Xplod -SW1 In-car Amplifier 140 W RMS Car Subwoofer Amplifier X 2 nos @ 120$

Sony Xplod - XS-GTX121LT Loaded Enclosure Series Subwoofer with box 12 Inch (Tube) @200$

those items are easily available..now am thinking about the power supply...i have seen few youtube clippings guyz running the amp with computer power supply..and Pyramid ac to dc convertor which is bit expensive...so any advices on operating those in a Computer power supply which will be much cheaper...and as you said overall expenditure will be $500 it seems...

please advice...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts