AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am adding a 2nd regular receiver and want to know an easy way to hook it up.

I can NOT run another line BUT I do have an extra 2x4 multiswitch. I think I did this a while ago but can't remember.

(I know you can't split sat signal)

Can I just take one of the UTV sat in cables into a multiswitch and then run a cable from the switch back into UTV and to new receiver OR do you think I need both UTV cables into multiswitch. (I think I may be able to use just the one because that Sat cable is already past the (on roof) multiswitch so it contains both voltage switching already?

Is that correct?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
You need to run 2 separate lines off a dual LNB to utilize the full capabilities of UTV.

Are you trying to use both inputs to your receiver?

If recording one show while watching another or PIP is not important to you in the second room, just run 1 line.

Radio Shack has both a Passive Multi-Switch $49.99 & Powered Multi-Switch $79.99.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Quote:

Can I just take one of the UTV sat in cables into a multiswitch and then run a cable from the switch back into UTV and to new receiver OR do you think I need both UTV cables into multiswitch. [/b]

I dont think so. Unless you dont mind that tuner 2 of the UTV and your new regular receiver fight each other.

If I understand the setup your trying to achieve you would need to run but lines currently going to the UTV to the 2x4. From that, send 2 to the UTV and one to your new regular receiver.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the replies, it looks like I should put the extra 2x4 multi near the UTV using both current UTV lines as in and then run 3 outputs: 2 back to the UTV and 1 to the new receiver. (No big deal since all will still just be short connections.

(To be clearer: All I am doing is adding an extra one line receiver to the same room as UTV currently working with 2 lines in. The original lines in go from the roof dish to a 5x8 multiswitch and 2 of the feeds come into the UTV. I just want to add the one extra input for the new receiver next to the UTV WITHOUT running a line all the way from the 5x8 switch. I want to use my old extra 2x4 multiswitch near the UTV to convert the 2 lines there into 3.)

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.