AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 7.1 setup. Amp is Denon 1707, acoustimas 7, 301 rear channel speakers. I am not too happy with the center channel from bose so I bought a radius 225 center channel speaker. Can anyone suggest the best way to integrate it in my system. Do I need to hook it up directly to my amp or run it through the bose module. Any other suggestion woul be appreciated. Also, do I need to change the speaker wire or can I use the existing wire from the bose module/cube speaker?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
try hooking it up directly to the receiver, buying a pair of RS90s as L/R, and RS45s for surrounds, pick a sub, sell the Bose on Craigslist.

Ron

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
This is not a great fix to a common problem. The center Bose sells is a piece of junk. I would try running through the acoustamas. All your speaker settings in your reciever should be large. And all your speakers should run through the acoustamas. Subwoofer should be set to off unless you are running a separate sub.

·
Registered
720 Posts
you'll want to run the center directly off the amp since it has it own crossover in it. The rest of the acoustimas 7 needs to run through the bass module since the speaker crossovers are housed within it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I'll try running it directly through my amp. Can I use my original bose wire, the thin ones or do you recommend putting in a new wire. What wire do you recommend.

Marlon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts