AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

you can't... your avr has no pre-outs...

technically, you could kludge something up with a bunch of speaker level to line level converters, but it wouldn't be worth the effort...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ohh man , well I did look in my denon manual and on the back of the receiver it says pre out subwoofer and right next to that it says Zone 2 Out (right,left). Im quoting the manual, (The audio signals connected to the avr 890's Zone 2 output terminals (Zone 2 out) are output to the Zone 2's amplifier and played with that amplifier. Uh hmm Man I really am new at this, I really am feeling in the dark. Am I on to something....

·
Banned
2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0425antgray /forum/post/19628769

ohh man , well I did look in my denon manual and on the back of the receiver it says pre out subwoofer and right next to that it says Zone 2 Out (right,left). Im quoting the manual, (The audio signals connected to the avr 890's Zone 2 output terminals (Zone 2 out) are output to the Zone 2's amplifier and played with that amplifier. Uh hmm Man I really am new at this, I really am feeling in the dark. Am I on to something....

Zone 2 is for powering a second setup using your reciever's onboard amp. As stated before, if your receiver does not have preouts, you can not use an external amp.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0425antgray /forum/post/19629086

Ok,so I should get a pre amp? thanks for the help!

If you feel you want to add an amp, there are a number of affordable receiver's with pre out jacks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am sure that the AVR 890 does have pre outs for it's main zone. I am looking at getting a emotiva xpa-5 pro amp for mine because I feel it lacks dynamics.

You would use the the denon 890 for processing and the power amp to power your speakers. Use inter connects to connects from the speaker outs to the inputs on the pro amp.

Pls correct I'm wrong.

My question is, if I get a 7 channel power amp for the 890 can I use zone 2 and use the internals amps from the denon to power a separate zone. (7.1 pro in one room, and 2 speakers powered by the denon in another from a diff source going through the denon)?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~sten
I am sure that the AVR 890 does have pre outs for it's main zone.
This thread is interesting..

I just downloaded the manual for the Denon AVR-890.

ccotenj is 100% right - this receiver does NOT have preamp outputs. It does have 7.1 analog inputs.

If you own this receiver, I would strongly suggest you look at the rear panel and the manual again.....preamp outs for the main zone are nowhere to be found. Looking at the rear panel, it's clear as day, my man.

If you buy an Emo amp to mate with the 890, you'll be taking advantage of their 30 day return policy

BTW - receivers in the $500 price range typically do not have main zone preamp outputs. That feature is usually reserved for more expensive models.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
^^

OK - I checked your link and the US 890's manual & data sheet. Mystery solved

Australian version - does have preamp outputs

US version - does not have preamp outputs. The place where the outputs are is completely empty in the US version. Both the manual & the lit sheet show this.

~sten, you're good to go

0425antgray, if you live in the US, sorry - you're out of luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts