AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 5.1 setup now: Mythos 7 center, 4 Mythos Gems as LR and Rears (SVS sub, but not really pertinent to this). I was thinking of making it a 5.1.2 setup, but with the Mythos line dead, I'm struggling what I could/should do to match sound in this scenario. It seems like the most likely options would be either replace the fronts (maybe with ProMonitors?) and move the gems to the ceiling or get some of the in-ceiling options (maybe the 3.5 or 4.5).

Anyone else been in this situation or have any thoughts on the right balance/best sound matching here?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I've been looking, and they're rather on the scarce side. But that is an option.
Yeah I only discovered them a week or so back when I was looking for other speakers. There are a few for sale here in Australia at the moment and a few on eBay but my they are expensive !!
Are they really as good as the reviews make them out ??

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I only discovered them a week or so back when I was looking for other speakers. There are a few for sale here in Australia at the moment and a few on eBay but my they are expensive !!
Are they really as good as the reviews make them out ??
I love mine. I understand they're kind of a love it or hate it speaker.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The DI line of in-wall/in-ceilings matches the mythos pretty well, IMO. I used to have a 5.1 setup with DI6.5 for my L and R, and DI5.5 for my surrounds, but I couldn't use an in-wall speaker for my center, so I used a Mythos 3 instead, with good results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts