AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,..I have been inside my set to install the Duvtane, and to do some focusing. At the time I wasn't thinking about power cords, and I didn't look at the power input. Does anybody know, or has anybody replaced the factory cord with a custom IEC arrangement? I may not get to this right away. Thought I might do it the next time I needed to open the cabinet for something else, and didn't want to pull everything apart, just to check.

Thanks a bunch,...>>>--->

ps,...Wan to do my Denon 3801 too, anybody do one of those?

·
Banned
3,181 Posts
putting an IEC receptacle into a metal chassis is relatively easy if there is enough space on the panel to do it....

many receivers are pretty limited by the amount of free space on the back panel...

get tool called a "nibbler".... it allows you to take small bites out of the metal and cut the exact opening that you need...

this would work on your mitsubishi as well.....

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...ID=10190&DID=7

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tubeguy 44,..

Thanks for the tip,..I have one of those tools. It's hard to beat when you doing something like this,...I originally used it on my DVD player when I added an IEC to it. I really want to get the 3801, done, and the TV less so, but both will be a pain to remove, and reinstall,....I had a ton of things to do when I built the other cords, and decided to let those two go a while. I thought if anybody had been there, and had any tips, or info on what they ran into while in the process, I would sure like to know,....would make for a far better experience to know if there are any roadblocks before beginning,...;)

>>>--->

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.