AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Been a long time lurker but first time poster. There are some very impressive theaters on here, I cant wait to have my own. In the process of a full remodel of the whole house and want to do a separate theater and game room. The theater room is 21x14 with 9ft ceilings. It has sheetrock walls, ceiling, and concrete floors currently. Thats where I am at and dont know where to go or what to do next. I plan on doing everything myself while the contractor is working on the rest of the house. I dont know where to go from here.

Thanks in advance

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,400 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well originally it was going to be a game room but by the time it was all drywall'ed and almost finished I decided to do the game room in the smaller room and make this room the theater since it was bigger and better placed in the house. We also made some other major changes in the remodel helping the decision for the theater.

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,400 Posts
So what do you want from us? The first thing is you need a detailed plan for the room. Start with a hand sketched birds eye view of the room. Take a picture of the sketch and the room and post here. Include in the drawing dimensions, doorways and what you think you want in the way of seating, screen location, speakers etc. That will get some feedback from this crowd, or hire a designer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC  /t/1520698/adding-dedicated-theater-with-house-remodel#post_24437138

So what do you want from us? The first thing is you need a detailed plan for the room. Start with a hand sketched birds eye view of the room. Take a picture of the sketch and the room and post here. Include in the drawing dimensions, doorways and what you think you want in the way of seating, screen location, speakers etc. That will get some feedback from this crowd, or hire a designer.

Thanks!! Thats what I was looking for, just didnt know what to post or include. I will work on getting all that together and posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts