AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the deal for the Dish 6000U and would like to hook it up to my system.

I have a HTPC which has the MYHD 120 board and have been getting great reception, recording and PQ with it. I have a Nvidia MX-440 graphics card.

The 6000U will allow me to watch Sat and OTA HD while being able to record another HD channel at the same time.

My PJ is a NEC PG9200 (Xtra)

Does anyone else have a similar setup or any ideas about being able to switch between these two HD receivers? I had a thought about using a VGA switching box with two inputs and one output to the PJ, but this would be a manual method.

Are there better ways that could be automated, perhaps through the HTPC?

Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hi - unless you get the 169time firewire addon you won't really be able to connect it to your setup. Check th HD Record forum for all the controversy on the 169time stuff. The 6000 only has VGA/Component/Svideo/Composite outputs. No digital out and no modulated output that you could connect to your MYHD card.

What are the specifics? What it is that you want to do?

-Mike

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I want to be able to switch HD VGA outputs to my NEC PJ between the 6000U and my HTPC (MYHD 120), and would like to do it with my wireless KB/Mouse if possible, but I have not found anything beyond using manual VGA switching.

I know that I could use S-Video out of the 6000 into the MYHD card, but I want pure HD going to the PJ from either system.

Do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks jonnyb, I found a KVM switch that will do the trick. It's a NTI model number SE-15V-2-2U1C-TTL. It should work with a KB shortcut.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.