AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
adding haugpage 2250 to existing 1800 TV tuner

I’ve had the 1800 since 2009 when the digital transition took place very good tuner.

Using the hewlet packard IR blaster for my harmony 700 remote control.

plan is to insert 2250 into PCI express slot. the only connection I forsee is the antenna.

Will I disconnect the small module attached to the main board? Or is it recommended to leave connected and attach to case? Thanks STB

Attachments

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
The module is not needed to watch and record TV from the tuners on the 2250. I believe it's used to output the signal to an external device or provide additional inputs. I don't recall if I ever had one of those modules with my 2250's, but apparently I never needed it.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
The module is not needed to watch and record TV from the tuners on the 2250. I believe it's used to output the signal to an external device or provide additional inputs. I don't recall if I ever had one of those modules with my 2250's, but apparently I never needed it.
Yes, that's for a second analog A/V input to the capture card. (one input is built into the back panel of the main card)

Reactions: stevethebrain

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
OK thanks Guys for advice I'll disconnect the small module.

on second thoughts when I purchased the HP blaster plugged in w/ USB, it came w/ a remote control my harmony is OK but seams clunky at times.I miss the RCA it worked fine for my needs.

I would like to try out the HP remote w/ the new 2250 is there another receiver that plugs into this small module of the 2250 enabling the remote? Thanks STB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts