AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am adding a couple In-Ceiling 6.25" Rear Surrounds to my system. Since this is not a new construction situation, the plan is to use the template and cut a couple 6 inch holes in the ceiling sheetrock to install the speakers. The wire are slipped into the ceiling cavity behind some crown molding. The question has to do with adding insulation to baffle the speakers in that cavity which is 2x10 construction. I went to the local Home Depot and they sell R13 in rolls that is inside of a plastic sheath. Advertised as easy to install without all of the mess of open fiberglass. I was also thinking I might be able to squeeze this through the 6 inch holes and get at least 1 or 2 layers above each speaker. I am thinking the plastic won't hurt anything and is probably better than Kraft faced fiberglass. This Home Depot did not have unfaced insulation in anything except R19 and that was a bundle way bigger than anything I would need. I'd appreciate a few comments from those that might have faced similiar situations or have ideas on this.

Thnaks,

Doyle

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.