Alt+F1 returns to this command prompt

Set your ReplayTV DNS configuration to

and force a net connect to install the new RID files

bash-2.05a

·
Registered
912 Posts
#define ENETUNREACH 101 /* Network is unreachable */

All of the error messages you are getting indicate that the network is not configured. This could be because you don't have a DHCP server running on your network, but more likely are because the linux boot cd isn't auto-detecting your network card.

You can try to manually configure the network using the boot CD, but unless you are familiar with Linux that is not an easy thing to do.

·
Registered
123 Posts
For all the folks who don't have compatible network cards(this is usually the problem with not being able to boot from this CD correctly, perhaps someone who does have a "working" system can boot up using this CD and then post their IP address in this thread. Anyone who wanted to upgrade their ReplayTV could point the DNS settings at that person's computer.

I know you're never supposed to trust anyone on the internet, but this may be worth a shot to help some folks out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
FlipFlop, great reading-thhankx in advance for all past works.

I have a Pansat3500S, wanting to make bootable CD using above linux....iso"

I'm using WIN XP Pro, have nero & such. Am stuck on:

1) How do I create bootable CD with that ISO file

2) It works for all OS's?

When I try burning I just get CD with three folders and 2 txt files.

Have my bios set to boot from cd 1st.... but so far system doesn't see it as bootable.

Lastly re: procedure..do I want both DNS entries on replay to point to my router/gateway or back to my pc's IP

·
Registered
477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxWolf /forum/post/0

If you have Roxio burning software, just double click on the .ISO file.

I am unfamiliar with other brands of burning software but I would expect them to work the same.

·
Registered
912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxWolf /forum/post/0

2) It works for all OS's?

When I try burning I just get CD with three folders and 2 txt files.

Have my bios set to boot from cd 1st.... but so far system doesn't see it as bootable.

Lastly re: procedure..do I want both DNS entries on replay to point to my router/gateway or back to my pc's IP

In Nero you use the "Recorder..Burn Image" menu command to burn an ISO image. The resulting CD does just have a few folders and txt files. The txt files have some instructions in them. The CD is for PCs only, as it uses an x86 version of Linux. It won't work on a Mac.

Typically when starting your PC you can press F12 or F1 or F-something to bring up a boot menu, where you can select which device to boot from. Select CD there, and you should be ok. If you have questions about the CD you created, then try booting a Windows install CD first to figure out the procedure.

When the CD boots it will give you an IP address to put into the DNS entry on the replaytv. This will be the IP of your PC after booting from the CD (which it gets via DHCP) You should put this IP in both DNS entries, although only one is strictly required as long as the second entry is blank. (press "stop" to erase a number on the DNS entry screen)

·
Registered
22 Posts
particularly you FlipFlop..!!!!! Would love to ask a million questions now about how to edit & modify things; but I will take the time to read more and expirement before posting...

Thanks again- my Pansat 3500S & RTV 5080 (XP PC, DLink 604 router) are happily married!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've been reading through this thread and other RID discussions and I'm having difficulty getting a grasp on all the different pieces.

What I'm trying to accomplish is modifying the Accurian RID file so the ReplayTV "Channel Up" and "Channel Down" buttons are sending the *correct* signals through the IR Blaster to my Accurian. Right now it seems the RID file actually types the entire channel number which makes it impossible to tune HDTV/SD sub channels. For example, PBS-HD is 31.1 and PBS-SD is 31.2. When I hit "Channel Up" on the Accurian remote, it goes from 31.1 to 31.2, but when I hit "Channel Up" on the ReplayTV, the IR Blaster actually sends the next channel in the list, 42.1. Even if I added 31.2 to my channel list, it won't work because the ReplayTV would pass the following codes to the ReplayTV when I hit "Channel Up" on 31.1: 312. Effective, this would tune the Accurian to 31 and then channel 2 immediately after that.

Has anyone else figured this out yet? FlipFlop has great suggestions at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=579060 , but I don't think it will work because the Accurian can only tune sub-channels by using the "Up Channel" and "Down Channel" buttons.

Thanks for any input!

num 0,054,,0,00 - num 0,,Protocol ID,Fixed Data,,,,,

num 1,185,,1,01 - num 1,,,,,,,,

num 2,183,,2,02 - num 2,,,,,,,,

num 3,182,,3,03 - num 3,,,,,,,,

num 4,180,,4,04 - num 4,,,,,,,,

num 5,184,,5,05 - num 5,,,,,,,,

num 6,186,,6,06 - num 6,,,,,,,,

num 7,053,,7,07 - num 7,,,,,,,,

num 8,055,,8,08 - num 8,,,,,,,,

num 9,059,,9,09 - num 9,,,,,,,,

vol up,,,vol up,,,,,,,,,

vol down,,,vol down,,,,,,,,,

mute,,,mute,,,,,,,,,

channel up,120,,channel up,10 - channel up,,,,,,,,

channel down,118,,channel down,11 - channel down,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
49 Posts
just got a digital stream hd-3150 made by pro brand; any chance to find a 'rid' file for this; it is sold at circuit city; but can't seem to find much about remote codes for it; closest i could get was to have the samsung 144 code turn it off but not change the channels; nice box otherwise; any help on this would be greatly appreciated; thanx

·
Registered
790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenburg /forum/post/0

just got a digital stream hd-3150 made by pro brand; any chance to find a 'rid' file for this; it is sold at circuit city; but can't seem to find much about remote codes for it; closest i could get was to have the samsung 144 code turn it off but not change the channels; nice box otherwise; any help on this would be greatly appreciated; thanx

Try the JP1 route that FlipFlop guided me through for my Accurian. His programs made it relatively painless.

(What!?!?! No JP1-capable remote!?!?? Robman will have you flogged! Of course you do, it's your Replay remote.)

·
Registered
49 Posts
i did not see this model/brand listed in the files at the jp1 site; i believe it is made in korea as opposed to china; but i can't seem to find any pronto or jp1 files;

·
Registered
5,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixt7gt350 /forum/post/0

...What!?!?! No JP1-capable remote!?!?? Robman will have you flogged!

Certainly the 5K remote is my favorite JP1-capable. However I found it easier to get the info needed (on these stray STBs) into IR using a learning capable JP1 remote.

Hardest part actually was digging up a legacy laptop (w/parallel port) for my vintage simple interface cable.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I would like to add my Sony receiver codes to my RTV 5040 remote in place of the TV is that possible? Instead of controlling the TV I'd like the remote to control my STR DE975 receiver especially the volume.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVSaurus /forum/post/0

I would like to add my Sony receiver codes to my RTV 5040 remote in place of the TV is that possible?

Very possible, reasonably trivial to accomplish, however it has little to do with what's going on in this thread.

(there's a whole realm devoted to unlocking the full potential of the Harmony Slayer 5040 remote)

And for the JP1 savvy interested in creating blaster rid files it's pretty simple, if you have a learning-capable JP1 remote. Simply learn STB buttons 0-9, power, and enter into the remote. Open it in IR.exe to determine the Protocol and Device#s and the magic EFC code reported for each button. Paste all those items into ridgen, do a MakeHex, choose an available blaster code number and save. That simple. Provided IR/MakeHex understand the protocol/device ID. Hasn't failed me yet.

Thanks again to FlipFlop for bringing it all together and breathing new life (and PQ) into the Replays.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Many thanks to all that made this possible. After a bit of a struggle, I now have control of our new Direct TV D20 receiver.

Some of my goofs / gaffs:

1) My desktop pc (the DV Archive machine) stopped accepting DHCP served IP addresses about a year ago (XP Home). I've had a couple of people take a look at it, but no one has been able to figure out what has happened. The work-around is to assign a static IP address. Not sure if that was what prevented it, but I wasn't able to get the installation program to run correctly. It came up with a "null" IP address.

2) Switching to my laptop - the bootable installation cd could not cope with the docking station's ethernet port. After several tries, I guessed correctly that un-docking and plugging in via the native ethernet port on the laptop might be what it wanted.

3) Better, but not great. The laptop doesn't normally have a floppy. Digging out the parallel port floppy drive eliminated what seemed like a 2 or 3 minute delay while the program searched for the non-existent floppy drive.

4) Verizon sent me a nice new Westell wireless/modem/router/firewall about 8 months ago. It isn't anywhere near as easy to configure as my old D-link. In order for my Replays to find each other, I have been running them with manual network configs, forcing an IP address just like my desktop machine. The installation program couldn't find the Replays until I changed to automatic / DHCP. It still didn't find the Replay hooked in via wireless, but for now that Replay controls a Sony & it already had codes that work.

Next project: load 50xx series software onto our 55xx machine (and repeat the process described above). I got my first taste of Commerical Advance last month when we picked up a 5080 on ebay & I want more!

Thanks again to everyone that contributed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just wanted to give this a bump, flipflop did a great job on this, much easier then the other way to do it, running dvarchive and wirns and all... wonderful!

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have not read this thread lately... (will re-read backwards again)

But has anybody come up with a way to add IR codes to their RTV with out needing to run an outside software program all the time??

While many of you make it seem so easy to add the codes and run this third party software ... I seem to crash my computer every time I try to install WINS... and unless I missed something WINS only runs on WinXP and not '98.

I just wish/day dream for a program which I could run once that would upload to my RTV the new device IR codes... and then allow me to uninstall the IR program...

--David

update: Just found the posts by "FlipFlop" and his ISO install and will give it a try! Maybe this topic should be "PINNED"

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
201 - 220 of 453 Posts