AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished my basement and added Compoints to my existing ISA6 system and have had all kinds of issues getting them to work. I terminated them properely and they are plugged in and powered up, but do not page. In fact, while they are plugged in, my upstairs system does not work. If I unplug them, the upstairs works just fine. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Just curious - how did you determine that all connectors are terminated properly?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Visually. The original installer did terminate his connectors using T568B, and I tried to do the same. I say tried because nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool. But I did terminate all my home cat 5 connections to a 110 block and run all my home servers cables and terminated them. In looking at this forum it appears if your having issues with these units, check your connectors again right? Is there anything else I could have missed?

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Cat5 shoudl not be terminated to a 110 block. Get a tester that will verify the lines that they are good for tramission a normal tester will not test interferance or cross talk. Also check your hook up it sounds like you have to many keypads on a jack and are over loading it or the unit needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
A $20 Ideal cable tester from Home Depot would be a good place to start.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Double check that wiring. ComPoint requires the RJ45 to be terminated to the T568A standard. It even says so in the manual. If the previous installer used "B", make sure the green and orange pairs are swapped at the keypads. The system will not work if the 110 punch down is wired correctly and the RJ45 is wired to the "B" standard. You can download the ComPoint system manual at the Russound support center.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.