AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted Insight Communications (the Champaign, Illinois cable provider) today to determine whether the additional HDPak (or whatever the package is called) that has HDNet, HDNet movies, ESPN HD, Discovery Channel HD and eventually Bravo HD would be online. They informed me that all channel (except Bravo) went online yesterday and they were working on Bravo HD.

HBO and Showtime were previously available. No word on local network affiliates.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,652 Posts
Post local issues in the HDTV Local Forum.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just curious.... Are there any Network feeds in HD on Insight Champaign??

(I am in Mahomet.... and get ABC 17-1 over the air, and Direc**TV)

We are Mediacom cable here and not HD that I know of....

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Anyone have ANY information about the WAND HD signal being carried by Insight? I believe WAND is the only local channel (for Champaign) that broadcasts in HD. It's strange that the ABC channel in Peoria just started broadcasting in HD, and yet it's ALREADY on Insight there (meaning they get tonight's Monday Night Football in HD).

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Ok, I kinda answered my own question. I emailed Insight, and they promptly emailed back with the information that they are currently negotiating with WAND. Here's hoping that it is not a protracted negotiation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.