AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My area is supposed to be getting HD from adelphia (god I wish their cable contract with my town would run out) in the next couple of months and I'm wondering which HD box they use. Is it the Motorola DCT-5100?

·
Registered
85 Posts
don't hold your breath. adelphia has been promising HD in my area for the past 3 months. "we'll launch in your area next month" was the line i heard from them for the past 3 months.

i finally wised up and signed up for HD directv. it is coming next thursday. on a side note.......adelphia HD only offers NBC, ABC, PBS, and HBO/SHO. no CBS, no ESPN, no discovery, no HDNET, no nothing. pretty weak lineup.

i wish adelphia would leave my area too. didn't they go bankrupt or something?

BTW....to answer your question, Yes, they are using the motorola 5100. at least that's what they told me.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not really holding out much hope for Adelphia. I probably will go DirectTV when the HD Tivo unit comes out next spring. I'm just not going to pay $300-500 for an HD satellite receiver now and another $800 to $1000 next spring.

Thanks for confinrming the cable box.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.