Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just swapped my DCT5100 for a DCT6200 which has DVI and firewire ports. The DVI port on mine is ACTIVE, don't know if the firewire is cos I don't have any equipment to verify it.

PQ through the DVI port is much improved on both analog and HD channels.

The funny thing is the day when Adelphia was supposed to come to swap my box, the Adelphia technician called me and warned me that the DVI port is not active and asked me if I want to get the 6200 anyway. I told him that I went to the local Adelphia store and was told that the DVI port was already active. Of course he didn't believe me and kept arguing. Since I had been waiting for him to show up for an hour already, I told him he'd better get his $ss here so I didn't waste my time for nothing.

To his surprise and embarrassment, the DVI is active and displays a much improved PQ compared to the component.

Hopefully, CBS-HD on channel 902 would be activated on time for the superbowl for all the Adelphia HD customers here on Socal.

But I did get an OTA equipment as my contingency plan just in case adelphia and CBS won't reach an agreement.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.