AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen any reviews or posts concerning Adire Audio's new Rava II sub. Does anyone on the forum have any opinions or experiences with this second generation sub? The original was universally lauded as very affordable musical sub. Is the Rava II a worthy successor (especially considering it's MSRP)?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I thinks it is a real shame that Adire had to increase the price so much on the II. I'm sure the Rava II is a great sub. The original was an incredible bargain at $399, but the Rava II is just another $799 sub I can't afford, so Adire isn't on my list. If my budget was $800 I would consider it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My thoughts exactly. Adire took a highly regarded sub, known for its value that received a lot of favorable press and "improved" it (no one seems to know by how much) , doubled the MSRP and now the Rava II is virtually "off the radar screen". Perhaps not the best marketing decision. :(

·
Registered
241 Posts
AFAIK the Adire products will only be available through dealers now so I'd expect the street price will be a bit less than what is posted on the website. With a new XBL^2 driver and the features now present on the amp I'd expect it to cost more. It may not be the "budget sub" that it used to be, but I expect that the performance increase will be worth the increase in price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.