AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm planning to buy a subwoofer or two for my first audio setup. I have NAD C350 and B&W DM303. I need a subwoofer and prefer to have two for stereo image of music. I've read good reviews about RAVA sub for its musicality due to its sealed design and the low price. Before I order two Rava's, I wanted to get some professional opinions from you guys if it's a good choice.

Is RAVA sub a good match with B&W DM303? Also, which would produce better sound? Two cheap($400) subs or Single more expensive($1000) Sub? If a single better quality sub would make better sound, which would you recommend? Preferrably, less than $1000. Thank you so much for your suggestions.:D

·
Registered
766 Posts
I have a 5 speaker B&W 601 setup for home theater paired with a DIY sonosub based on the Shiva driver from Adire.

My DIY sub is vented, so its not quite as "tight" as a sealed design, but it still does sound quite musical to my ear. I had a audiophile friend of mine over and he was quite impressed (he said "not bad", which from him is high praise).

My setup is primarily home theater. With 200W per channel behind the 601's, the sub is powered by a single 250W mono block.

One cautionary note. Multiple subs do end up with cancellation issues, and you need to be careful with placement.

Roo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.