AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Sony XBR and the screen doesn´t seem to me centered. When i watch news the messages on the lower part of the screen are blocked. I know there is a setup menu for this kind of problems for sony Wega´s TVs.. does anyone knows how tho access it?

I appreciate any help

·
Registered
573 Posts
Jimilu

I think it depends on the model of the xbr. On the xbr800 there is a mode in the setup part of the user's menu that offers vertical and tilt correction. To adjust horizontally you need to go into the service mode.

To use the service mode on the xbr it also depends on the model of xbr as to what options are available. It will be easier using geometry test patterns from a calibration disk like AVIA . I moved my screen to the right using a service mode heading called HPOS so if you can't go up and down in the user's menu you may be looking for something in the service mode called VPOS (just guessing). You need to know the model and look in the service menu. Here is a link that offers Sony tips:

http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brand...sony_tips.html

Here is a link to some Sony service manuals:

http://www.agoraquest.com/viewtopic....um=25&start=90

Good luck. :)

Rick

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rick! I own a KV-38DRC1, and thanks to your help i already solve the problem, but now i have another one. Like a year ago, i called Sony Service because when i watched DVD´s in enhanced wide screen the lower part of the image had a curve upward, and the upper part down.. just a few mm, if your didn´t look for it you would notice, but after i saw that, i could not take my eyes from that problem. Now i know that the guy from Sony just make the image bigger so the curve would be less noticeable. According to them it was a problem of configuration.

So now i do not have a over scan image, but i have the curve again... unfortunately the link you kindly with the service manuals won´t let me download the manual. And i can´t find it anywhere.

Does anyone know where i can download the service manual for the Sony KV-38DRC1? Or has anyone had this problem?

I am using also the Avia Guide..

Thanks for any help! Again

: )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.