AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just added a second set of speakers to my current stereo system. I want to know if there is a way, or a device, that can control the gain (volume) between speakers 1 and 2?

The system is in a 700 sq ft. room. I mounted the second set about 7 ft from the ground angled slightly down.

This is my setup to date.

Stereo receiver: HK 3490

Front speakers (speaker 1): Polk Ti500 towers

Back speakers (speaker2): Polk RTi A3 bookshelf

Subwoofer: Polk PSW110

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Sounds like the right answer, but how do I get there? I looked up audio L pads and it looks like I have to be handy with electronics, especially a soldering iron, which I'm not. Is there an L pad device already assembled in a pretty package?

·
Registered
30,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake92695 /forum/post/20906088

Thanks. Sounds like the right answer, but how do I get there? I looked up audio L pads and it looks like I have to be handy with electronics, especially a soldering iron, which I'm not. Is there an L pad device already assembled in a pretty package?

I do not know specifically but I suspect there are. Probably with screw terminals. It's for Google, I guess.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
The HK 3490 is a great reciever, but if you are trying to balance output from dissimilar speakers I have to wonder if an AVR is the way to go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great! you just come up with a $56 solution after I ordered the $144 solution! My stereo setup is becoming a sinkhole.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I got the Niles Speaker Volume control unit in the mail today. A very nice unit, sturdy metal construction. Only problem, it doesn't do what I purchased it to do. My mistake duh! When I hooked it up it increased the volume to my back speakers, but only to the volume level set my the master volume control on my HK3490. What I wanted is variable volume control between the front and back speakers. So, I'm thinking of trading it in for the Two speaker volume control and run both the front and back pairs through. I don't know if by doing this I will be somehow be diminishing the fidelity of sound coming out of the HK3490?
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...nd|Niles+Audio

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never mind. I just realized that the Niles two pair control only has input from the amplifier for one set. The CloneX solution will work and I placed an order.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts