AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a good amplifier option (preferably pro audio) that has a built in subsonic filter in the 20 hertz region (variable would be great) I am trying to keep things simple in my setup and don't want to buy a separate crossover. I am trying to protect my Tuba HT from ultra low frequencies that Audyssey seems to boost. I am asking a lot of my Tuba HT (large area room that opens to large basement) and want to make sure that I am protecting the driver. If this has already been covered before I apologize, but I didn't find much at all by doing searches.

·
Registered
688 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1  /t/1417952/adjustable-subsonic-filter-20-hertz-built-into-pro-amplifier#post_22176023

Behringer inuke DSP amps have fully adjustable filters down to 20hz.

yeh thought he said sub20 hz

·
Registered
4,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by superedge88  /t/1417952/adjustable-subsonic-filter-20-hertz-built-into-pro-amplifier#post_22175992

I am trying to find a good amplifier option (preferably pro audio) that has a built in subsonic filter in the 20 hertz region (variable would be great) I am trying to keep things simple in my setup and don't want to buy a separate crossover. I am trying to protect my Tuba HT from ultra low frequencies that Audyssey seems to boost. I am asking a lot of my Tuba HT (large area room that opens to large basement) and want to make sure that I am protecting the driver. If this has already been covered before I apologize, but I didn't find much at all by doing searches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieattk  /t/1417952/adjustable-subsonic-filter-20-hertz-built-into-pro-amplifier#post_22176030

yeh thought he said sub20 hz

·
Registered
21,339 Posts
there are also ways of combining filters in order to push down the effective crossover point if that is really necessary.

for the tht, i'd probably 3rd order cross it at around 25hz.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mackie M2600 has an adjustable HPF down to 10 Hz. Unfortunately, 10 Hz is also the "off" position. So it is never really "off." It is a 2nd order HPF.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts