AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rear projection TV. Because of this, I don't have an option to do a perfect pixel-for-pixel match from my PC to my display. There are serious problems with overscan, so I had to adjust the resolution in the Nvidia control panel.

The utility is nice, and allows for a real easy way to adjust the resolution with sliders. I'm able to do this fine, but the problem is, I can't adjust the center position of the video (even though in the menu, it mentions being able to do this). Because of this, there is a little black on the bottom and right edges. If I increase the resolution to hide this, It's impossible to see start menu items and/or other things on the sides of the screen (address bar, scroll bars, desktop icons...).

Is there a way to force the position of my video output?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Service menu? Is this a special menu? Nowhere on my TV's menu does it have an option to center the image.

I have a Sony KP-57WS510.

Edit: Google is my friend. I found how to access the service menu and there's even a guide for my TV. It indeed has picture position. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
7,654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealbiglou /forum/post/17039066

Service menu? Is this a special menu? Nowhere on my TV's menu does it have an option to center the image.

I have a Sony KP-57WS510.

Edit: Google is my friend. I found how to access the service menu and there's even a guide for my TV. It indeed has picture position. Thanks for the tip!

Be careful in there you can screw up your tv if you start changing values on things

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. long ago you could adjust the position of the display over component video with nvidia's drivers. for some reason, they removed that feature.

I had to use my set's (toshiba) service menu to center the image. in the end it is a lot easier. just document every setting before. be warned though, if you screw up, you can kill your set.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I tried the service menu and it worked remarkably! I wrote down the factory settings for Vertical position & size and Horizontal position & size. After these adjustments, it's as if I have a perfect pixel resolution for my screen!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts