AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using the VP30 with the Mits 65813 and I noticed that my geomerty is off slightly. If I pull up small square pattern from the VP30, I can see that they are slightly wider than they are taller. If I open up the widescreen enhanced, circle crosshatch pattern, on the AVIA dvd. The circle is 30" wide and only 29" tall. I know that this can be corrected in the tv's service menu, but I am wondering if I can just do the same thing with the VP30?

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
Yes you can, but it is hard to do, because you must maintain 1080i Sync perfectly so that your Mits won't go nuts, when you adjust horz/vert sizing you are messing with porch's back porch's etc., I would say that doing this on the scaler would be harder than the service menu

unless I am missing a simple Zoom feature on the VP30, only way I am aware of is under advanced output which when you adjust kicks you into User

-Gary

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think it matters if I use the test pattern from the VP30 or use the overscan test pattern of AVIA?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The 'Frame Geometry' test pattern (1920x1080i from the iScan VP30 in your system) would be better than the AVIA DVD (720x480 soiurce) because of the higher resolution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.