AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked up some past threads and never saw an exact answer to this dilemma. I have an Onkyo nr809. I'm using the sub rca jack to feed two Crown CE2000 pro amps that will be running the built-in subs. I also have a BBE crossover/maximizer in the middle. I'm getting a very low signal to the amps. The gain on the amps are up, the gain on the sub out on the Onkyo is cranked up as well. The sub will "Jiggle" a tad, and with your ear to it, it is getting signal, just very low.

I don't believe it is the xlr cables either, as the #2 pin is the red wire with #1 and #3 being shield.

Will one of those Samson S-Converts fix this issue? I looked at some threads in the past where people were going to go buy one, but they never followed back up with the results!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Did you set the subwoofer distance to a farther setting ? Are you running the crowns bridged,stereo or parralell ? Try the sub out right to the crown and bypass the crossover for now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually just found a short in one of the cables on the xlr end connecting to the bbe unit. A very small burr on one of the shield crimps dug itself into the #2 wire. Think this is probably going to be the problem. Going to unhook everything and inspect it all. Doesn't look like anything was fried, thank goodness. If the problem is still there, I guess I will see if the bbe unit is damaged and bypass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts