AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried posting on avforums (UK) but it seems no-one has experience with rear projection Toshiba sets- namely to correct the colour decoder to NTSC standards.

My Toshiba 42" Widescreen CRT RP has excessive reds. When I've set saturation/hue with the blue filter & blue test screen colour is around 60. But this is way too high- on the Red it's blooming all over the place.

When I set saturation/hue with the red test screen colour is about 35- much better. But overall Red seems to high.

But I would like to know how to properly correct the Red Colour decoder. I can get to service level & design level.

What service code adjusts red decoder level?

I know RDRV & RCUT are not the correct values for colour decoder (they affect greyscale instead)

I'm very experienced with CRT RP's, basically the only one on avforums that know's there stuff (performed hardware SVM disable, electrical & optical focus, and full service level convergence)

You might recognize who I am :)

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I believe that the Toshiba line of RPTVs do not have adjustable color decoders. That's why you are having trouble finding this information.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're correct that's a bit of a downer :(

I've heard using a attenuated phono lead on the red component cable will sort out red push?

Since I've already bought a set of component cables (and I would like adjustable twiddly stick to adjust) are there any little boxes with phono-in/phono-out that I could put between the DVD player and cable, so I can adjust whilst the red test screens are up?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.