Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

This is my premiere post on this forum. I've found so much useful information by lurking this forum in the past, I want to say "thanks" first.

I have a Panasonic TH-42PD/U, EDTV, which I love. The picture is excellent, and the features are just what I need. Even seeing the next gen of Panasonics coming out at a lower price point, I don't regret my purchase for an instant.

So, here's my question: Is there a way to adjust the level of the "zoom" aspect? When watching letterboxed SD programming (ie Battlestar Galactica on Sci-Fi), using the "zoom" aspect, the entire picture is not quite shown. The Bottom 15% or so of the "Sci-Fi" logo is cut off, and a small amount of the picture with it. An equal amount at the top of the screen is cut off as well. I'd love to tweak this to see the entire picture, the way I would if it were on DVD (where this is not a problem).

I surfed thru the forums and found the PDF for accessing the service menu, but honestly, I'm too chicken to get in there, unless I really know what I'm doing. Is the zoom ratio something that can be adjusted via the service menu? Further, does the experience of other Pany owners match my own? Is this merely a function (fault?) of how the video is delivered via Dish Network (using their 510 DVR)?

Thanks for your help!

Dave

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Thats the same as adjusting overscan for each display mode. But I've yet to hear anyone reporting the way to adjust overscan or positioning in the service menu for the newest Panasonic consumer models.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.