AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get one one of these, but I have a question on how I will connect it to my TV. I have a Mits HD ready tv. Do I connect it to my HD input or Component video input?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. My HD input has 5 connectors for video and the upconverter has just the 3 component. Any idea what kind of cable I am going to need?

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Don't know which model Mits you have, but you should be able to just use the Y, Pb, Pr inputs with a component cable. You shouldn't need the H and V inputs. I believe with some of the newer models, you may even be able to use the component inputs as well since they accept 1080i. Check your manual.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
As I recall some of the early Mits HDTV sets only had RGB +Vsyc and Hsyc inputs. If yours is one of these models that you cannot directly connect the ADSTech HDUpconverter. You would require a component to RGB transcoder to do the conversion to RGB. These start at about $200. Check the owners manual for the MITs to see if it can accept HDTV component input or not.

Ron Jones

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
The 46807 should work with the ADS through its HD component connections. I have a 55807 that has an HD STB connected with the HD component inputs. If you need a manual, you can download one from the "Support" section of the Mits website here: http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am wrong. I have a wt-46805. The hd input is R G B H V. I am guessing I will need a a component to RGB cable. If that is correct can anyone tell me where I might find one?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
No, a cable won't do it.

The ADS puts out component (Y Pb Pr). Your TV accepts RGBHV. To convert component to RGB, you need a transcoder (just as Ron Jones previously stated). The transcoder would sit in between the ADS's output and your mit's HD input. It would provide the necessary conversion from component to RGB.

I'd verify with ADS that you can't make the ADS talk RGB (often, there are ways to do this). Also, verify that your mits can't accept component. If you're %100 sure that both of these cannot be done, then grab a transcoder. Key Digital makes a few, I believe. Search around the forum a bit.

-Jon

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
If you check the Mits manual (available at the link above), you will see that your TV does accept component HD output of 1080i by connecting it in the manner I mentioned above. You can confirm this with ADS, but I'm sure that they're using the same type HD component output as an STB.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
is this going to be a good product?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mroll- I just read the manual and it does show that both comp and RGB HD connections can be used. I'll check this ADS to make sure.

RAVEN56706- I have no idea if this product will be any good, but for $600 I think it is worth trying. I haven't seen any reviews yet.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yubyub- Thanks, but I have seen that thread. I am hoping someone here get's one and put's up a review. I have one on order, but it is not suppose to ship until May.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes, when someone gets this device please put up your impressions of it. I've been waiting for this for awhile now and am curious at what the PQ will be at this price. Apparently from the random thread here and there, I am not the only one interested in this product.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I spoke with ADS yesterday and they told me that my tv will work. Also he said that the unit won't be shipping until June.

·
Registered
113 Posts
June? This seems to be one of those products that are constantly delayed month after month. Makes me wonder of the quality of this product or if there's something that the engineers can't figure out with it

·
Registered
430 Posts
Well, the web site now says:

"Please note: There is no estimated ship date at this time."

I guess they got tired of forever slipping the date. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.