AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

I'm the CO of Recruit Training for a mature, tactical gaming clan called the Sea Snipers (clan tag [SS]) and a long-time member of AVS forum... Seeing the awesome reception to COD4 over here makes me think that many of the 'mature' gamers here would have an interest in the Sea Snipers. Over the past year or so, I have spoken with some of you about the COD4 Guide ( http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/Produ...oduct_id=66800 ) where we wrote the multiplayer section.

It is rare that we put up recruiting posts, but we are currently looking for a few good men to compete in COD4 on the Xbox 360.

The Sea Snipers are a professional gaming clan. We will be 6 years old in October. We have authored and illustrated the Socom 3, Socom Combined Assault, and Call of Duty 4 official strategy guides. You many have seen our SEA SNIPER TIPS throughout the COD4 guide.

We also run our own league called S.E.A.L. (Sea Snipers Evade & Assault League) and we're going on our 11th season. Last season the league was played on RB6 Vegas 2 on the 360, but it has now moved to COD4. The league is played with rules that make COD4 a squad-based, non-respawn tactical shooter, rather than the run-and-gun style of play that you find in most public rooms.

We are a tight knit brotherhood with an average age of about 30 and many of us are active or ex-military. During the league we play 4 nights per week (2 practices and 2 wars) plus any other additional events that might be held such as inter-clan tournaments and scrimmages. All events are held at 10:30 pm est., and practices last 2 hours.

You must meet the following requirements to be considered for a tryout...

• Must be 21 or older.

• Must be able to attend Sunday (from 10:30pm est till 12:30), Monday, Wednesday (from 10:30pm est till 12:30) and Thursday night events. (mon and thurs are matches and usually only last about 1hr.)

• Must be able to afford $25 per year for dues (goes to url, hosting, storefront, etc.)

• Must be able to deal with our "Virtual Boot Camp" for 1 month.

• Must be willing to change your XBL name during the recruitment process. (you can change it back to whatever you like if recruited)

• Must have a router.

• Must have AIM.

• Must not be in any other clan during recruitment, and cannot be in any other clan if recruited.

If you're interested in joining, please send an email to [email protected] and include the following...

• Real name/screen name

• Sex

• Number of years playing squad-based shooters

• Time playing COD4

• What you do for a living

• Personal situation (married, kids, school, etc)

• Why you want to join

If you want to be part of one of the most professional, top-tier clans in gaming, please enlist today.

Thank you.

[SS]Shooter

CO of Recruit Training

Sea Snipers - www.seasnipers.net

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Just a reminder, we will soon be starting our COD4 season for our private league - S.E.A.L. (Sea Snipers Evade & Assault League) http://seasnipers.net/SEAL and This is our 11th season. Last season the league was played on RB6 Vegas 2 on the 360, but it has now moved to COD4. The league is played with rules that make COD4 a squad-based, non-respawn tactical shooter, rather than the run-and-gun style of play that you find in most public rooms. The RB6V theme is still up on the site, but a new COD4-themed site for the league will be launched soon...(see knife above)

We are looking for 1-2 players for our COD4 roster. If you are looking for a mature, tactical clan, that's what we offer. Visit our forums - www.seasnipers.net to find out more.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Want to be part of an elite, tactical fighting force? No kids, no glitchers, no BS. Hardcore, no respawn. Xbox 360 - Call of Duty 4.

SEA SNIPERS ARE RECRUITING.

Two slots are available for our COD4 roster. We'll be heading into S.E.A.L. Season 12 soon, as Season 11 comes to a close.

New S.E.A.L. site is up: http://www.seasnipers.net/seal11 S.E.A.L. stands for Sea Snipers Evade and Assault League. The league is more of a fight club than a corporate ladder or league setting, and we keep the number of clans at 12 and under. This league provides its members with a controlled environment to enjoy organized match play.

Your initial recruit period will be tough, the toughest program around. Think of it as boot camp. Please make sure you have adequate time. Email me if interested. [email protected]

[SS]Shooter

CO of Recruit Training

Sea Snipers - www.seasnipers.net

·
Registered
877 Posts
Very lame. Somehow maturity and "SS" don't seem to go well together.

Of course, some would say that recruiting for a clan when you're an adult is a little lame, too. Friends are good to have, but they're rarely recruited.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 /forum/post/14913480

Very lame. Somehow maturity and "SS" don't seem to go well together.

Of course, some would say that recruiting for a clan when you're an adult is a little lame, too. Friends are good to have, but they're rarely recruited.
[SS] is the clan tag for 'Sea Snipers'. It's a clan tag we've had since Socom. It doesn't refer to the Nazi 'Schutzstaffel' aka 'The Notorious WWII SS' in any way shape or form, if that's what you are implying. S= Sea, Second S=Snipers. Hence [SS].

It's an adult clan, a brotherhood. It's not for everyone. We've had a lot of fun over the years, the clan has been around since 2002. Here's a thread about our trip to Infinity Ward while working on the COD4 Guide: http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8957 Here's a thread on SniperCon 2006: http://www.seasnipers.net/sc2006 Fun stuff.

·
Registered
877 Posts
That's dandy. You'll never get away from the negative connotations that "SS" brings with it. I certainly wouldn't want that next to my gamertag, and I doubt too many mature and thoughtful people would.

Did you forget to put your silly little graphic in the last post?

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
5150.. stop giving the guy such a hardtime. He's trying to recruit people to play with him and his clan. If you arent interested move on. Its clear the "SS" doesnt stand for anything negative, it stands for Sea Snipers.

If you started a clan, wanted people to join, and started a thread on AVS to recruit. You wouldnt want someone ripping your thread apart. Think about it.

FWIW.. I'd love to play with you SS guys.. if you played regular TDM. The hardcore tactical play is too slow paced for myself.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasyn /forum/post/14916395

But, that's 5150's thing.

I'm waiting for DerekinMerek to come in here and post how he played with their clan and they suck and the game is no fun.

·
Registered
877 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan /forum/post/14916311

5150.. stop giving the guy such a hardtime. He's trying to recruit people to play with him and his clan. If you arent interested move on. Its clear the "SS" doesnt stand for anything negative, it stands for Sea Snipers.

If you started a clan, wanted people to join, and started a thread on AVS to recruit. You wouldnt want someone ripping your thread apart. Think about it.

FWIW.. I'd love to play with you SS guys.. if you played regular TDM. The hardcore tactical play is too slow paced for myself.

Thanks, dad.

·
Registered
881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 /forum/post/14914962

That's dandy. You'll never get away from the negative connotations that "SS" brings with it. I certainly wouldn't want that next to my gamertag, and I doubt too many mature and thoughtful people would.

You're trying to crucify someone over a lack of maturity and yet I have a feeling that you have no room to be doing so.

Actually I know you don't. Ignored.

·
Banned
3,712 Posts
must i be a sniper? and come from the sea?

i was thinking more of a land based creature. maybe a pokemon. like Charzzard

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 /forum/post/14914962

5150, you are entitled to your opinion, and I'm supportive of you voicing it. If you have questions or concerns about the Sea Snipers, you are more than welcome to also come discuss them at our forums. There is a public section with a subsection for questions, etc. We welcome any and all criticism and critiques.

I'm not sure you really understand what we're about. If you look at our site ( www.seasnipers.net ), you can see our history and view our stated code of conduct that we adhere to, working to make everyone's gaming experience better. I've often said our ideal is to promote mature, tactical gameplay and betterment of the COD4 community.

If you add me to your friends list, I'd be happy to send you an invite to play with me and some of the members on a random night. We often host rooms, or play in random hardcore rooms, either way you can see what we're about. It's my hope that you'd appreciate the clan and the efforts expended by the members.

Allow me to clear up one thing, I hope definitively. Saying the clan tag 'SS' is inappropriate is like saying 'Coke' should change their name because there is a drug called cocaine and 'Coke' is slang for it, hence the name 'Coke' is bad. You are connecting things that are similar by coincidence, not choice. Don't connect two unrelated things for the sake of sensationalism.

It's good that this thread is getting attention, as we are recruiting and have 2 slots open, due to two members being deployed to the sandbox. The clan is about 20 guys, average age of 30, many ex or active military. It's a great organization, we're all lifers. A lot of us work hard to make the clan function and make it strong. If that's something that might interest those of you looking for a clan, please let me know.

[SS]Shooter

Sea Snipers

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, and I do agree that it's lame to put all this effort into a clan, but what else do I have going on? My girlfriend can't go a whole day without saying that the whole clan business and COD4 and adult gaming in general is dorky or lame. Maybe she's right.

At least it's not as dorky as WoW or Fantasy Football.

·
Registered
877 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Shooter /forum/post/14919231

Allow me to clear up one thing, I hope definitively. Saying the clan tag 'SS' is inappropriate is like saying 'Coke' should change their name because there is a drug called cocaine and 'Coke' is slang for it, hence the name 'Coke' is bad. You are connecting things that are similar by coincidence, not choice. Don't connect two unrelated things for the sake of sensationalism.

You simply can't get away from it. It's a poor choice. The letters SS will forever have a negative connotation within certain contexts. Just what do you think people you play with think of when they see it?

·
Registered
828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 /forum/post/14919976

You simply can't get away from it. It's a poor choice. The letters SS will forever have a negative connotation within certain contexts. Just what do you think people you play with think of when they see it?

It's only negative if you think it is. The 1st thing I thought of was Sea Snipers!

It's 2 letters, dude. If you are going to make connections between all abbreviations and what other terms they remind you of, you're going to have a tough life ahead of ya! I think you can get mad when abbreviations are maybe 3 letters (there are some triple letter abbreviations that are more obvious than SS, one that comes to mind starts with a K), definitely after 4 or 5 letter abbreviations, it is more than a coincidence, but at that point you are getting into acronyms, which would be cool since they are usually more creative anyways, but that is a completely different subject, but does Live allow clans with more than 3 initials?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts