AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am planning to purchase my 1st plasma tv now.

I heard that the b650 has advance calibration mode that the lower model does not have.

I was thinking to get 50B450, how different is the calibration mode? A friend told me the b450 has more than enough calibration menu.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
If you can afford the step-up, then get it. It is always good to have more calibration options IMO, especially if you like to tweak, only think you might like to tweak or will have the set calibrated down the road by a professional.

Yellow, Cyan and Magenta are secondary colors each with its own RGB value.

Higher end Samsung and LG models offer the best user adjustability in this regard.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
You would have to check those model's specific threads but I don't think there is a CMS available, even in the service menu. The user menu is still quite good though.

I have read of folks turning on features like Cinema Smooth, etc. but usually it is within the same series, i.e. 550-->560. A Full CMS, I believe, doesn't start until the 6 series and above.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do have a Xrite spectrophotometers for my photo work. I have a program that can do spot measurement of RGB.

Is this good enough?

·
Registered
5,858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by santodx5 /forum/post/18279202

I do have a Xrite spectrophotometers for my photo work. I have a program that can do spot measurement of RGB.

Is this good enough?

yeah, you'd just need software and a source for patterns. Some choices are Avia for DVD and DVE HD Basics on Blu-ray.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by santodx5 /forum/post/18278991

Can you enable the advance color calibration via service menu in the 450/550?

No, you cannot. I looked into that and unfortunately I was unable to do so.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by santodx5 /forum/post/18276824

what color belong to secondary?

is it worth the upgrade? beside the resolution

Primaries = Red, Green, Blue

Secondaries = Yellow, Cyan, Magenta

1 - 10 of 10 Posts