AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not able to get my wired Homeworks system to see dimmers or switches.

I got an almost new H4P5-H48-HRL-120 (internal H48) from a friend and a copy of Illumination 1.64 software from Lutron's technical support. I had Lutron wire pulled to a couple of outlets and hooked up a couple of switches and dimmers to make sure I understood what I was doing.

I upgraded the firmware on the processor, designed a simple system, uploaded new programming and seem to understand everything but cannot get dimmers or switches addressed. If I type the address they don't get found in autoaddressing. If I manually try to address them then when I triple tap them, the Illumination software does not see them. In diagnostic results I see this with my one dimmer test...

And for link lights I get solid orange tx on the dimmer bus side...

The solid orange rx lights are sometimes caused by a shorted bus so the router troubleshooting for the H48 board says to check the bus wiring. But for my unit the H48 bus is integrated so there is nothing to check on the processor wiring and the lights stay on with nothing wired to the bus. Also there is no status light on the integrated H48 like there is on the external one, so I can't check that unless there is a way to check in software.

I am interested in doing a more detailed diagnostics, loading a blank database into the H48, or configuring the internal processor to H48 link or loading a blank OS from scratch, if anyone knows how to do one of those four things.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Lutron H4P5-H48-HRL-120

I also have a Lutron H4P5-H48-HRL-120, which I think has the bus 3 failing, the orange LED is steady regardless if teh blue connector is connected or not.

Were you able to fix your issue?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts