AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
If that is seriously being considered a big advantage ... then wow.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Wow, Warner chose to use a combination of flippers and DVDs for extras in the HD-DVD Ultimate set? [Cartman]Lame[/Cartman].

I guess that's why the ultimate set is only $20 (MSRP) more than the trilogy set. You'd think with an HD-DVD set they'd be all HD-DVD discs. They could've easily put all the extras on two HD-DVD discs (one 30GB and one 15GB), without the use of flippers and DVDs.

At least they give you the option to get the Trilogy by itself without flippers and DVDs. However, you lose the extras when going that route. They'll probably do the same thing with the Blu-ray version. Remember, with Warner, the Blu-ray version is only as good as it's HD-DVD version, if we're lucky.

·
Registered
493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 /forum/post/0

That only affects the Ultimate edition. Besides, are people really so anal that they care how the discs themselves look?

I could care less how the discs look physically. It's a waste to spread the extras across five discs when they could've used two. I just hope with Blu-ray they'll use one 50GB disc for the extras. That'll be alot more convenient. I'm all about not having to get up if I don't have to. However, with Warner, it won't happen because of their desire to be "equal" with their other, less advanced, format.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
20 GB more space means Warner can accommodate these extra stuffs making it 3 sweet discs for the trilogy. Perhaps Warner could also pump up the bit rate to hit the 35-40 Mbps mark thus overcoming the transfer defects / compression problems (if any) they had faced while authoring the HD DVD.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Its not a big deal but considering this is labeled the "Ultimate" Matrix box set and cost over $100 retail, having no art on the discs is like buying a Ferrari without the paint. Box sets are special because of all the extra attention the studios put into it. When you spend that much money, the details are important.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
The matrix isn't available on Blu-ray.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekun /forum/post/0

Why are there HD-DVD fanboys in the blu-ray forum? Desperate for converts? No, wait, I know. You must be "neutral"

I have more Blu-ray discs than HD-DVDs. Oh, but of course, that makes me a "HD-DVD fanboy". Yeah, real genius you are

·
Registered
634 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelHDDVD /forum/post/0

However I usually watch the movie being displayed on my HDTV instead of looking at the top of the disc.

Don't feel weird about this. In certain parts of the forums, people are simply more concerned about bitrate meters and disc art (not bonus features though, we don't need those!!) than the movies themselves.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I predict the Blu-ray release will only be the ultimate edition with 3 x BD-50 discs containing the movies and extras. That would be 2 advantages, artwork on the disc and not having to flip the disc to watch the extras.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.