AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went and got a new Advent 27" Q2735A Flat Screen TV from Best Buy the other day - got tired of my old RCA and it's green/blue spots.

Anyway - get it all hooked up (2 tivos going through kenwood receiver - all svideo) and notice that anytime I switch tivos, the tv pops up "svideo" and the time. I hit the display button a coupe times and have it cycle through svideo, svideo+time, and blank. No biggie I think.

Then I fast forwarded through some commercials.

Svideo popped up no less than 3 times.

It seems every time the screen goes from a solid black to a solid white (notice this a lot on the new matrix commercials) the TV thinks it's lost it's input and then gotten it back, so it kindly tells me what input it's using. (here's a hint - it'll Always Be SVideo).

argh..

so, there's this "feature" that's bugging the heck out of me on this brand new tv (which i don't have the box for since BB loaded it into my car for me and kept the box).

I emailed advent about it and they said "If its popping up svideo and the time at random intervals, there is something wrong with the TV".. argh - i emailed them with a little more details and clarification.

So - I thought I'd ask in here - with all this wealth of knowledge - and see if anyone else has ran into this - on an Advent or perhaps any other TV. and more importantly, does anyone know how to fix it? and possibly more importantly, does the Sharp 27F361 do this? (it was the tv sitting right next to the Advent for $60 more). I'm not playing "let's take this tv back and lug another one home and see if it does the same thing" game.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.