AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 28 year old Advent 750 that is now retiring. Would the curved screen still be useful? It is a 72 inch 4:3, but has served me well. Are there current front projectors that would work well with this screen? If so, I would eventually build a larger DIY screen. thanks

ps. I could get the projector fixed one more time, the image clarity is amazing for its age, but the neither the color nor the brightness are up to todays products.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I think most of the trend out there is going to 16x9 or 2:35. You could probably get away with your screen but the picture would be smaller.

I dont think I would put any more money into the projector. There are plenty of models out there that perform well and are inexpensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this curved screen is designed to work better in fairly well lit rooms. I have lived with the 72 inch traditional picture but the 16x9 images are still about 70 inches and the "grey" bars do not bother me. My main issue is whether the current crop of projectors could be focused correctly due to the curvature of the screen. And if it does I have plans to go to a 100 inch plus wide screen in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.