AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had experience with the Advent brand of wireless speakers? I'm looking for a means to bring my surround sound system from 5.1 to 7.1 and am finding it very difficult to route wires to rear channel speakers in the open area behind my theater system. My wife will also appreciate the convenience of moving the wireless speakers out of the way when not in use as well since they'll end up on kitchen counters.

I have a nice M&K 150 system for 5.1 that's driven by an Onkyo TX-DS989 and am wondering how a pair of the top end Advent AW-870's might sound for the rears (15 watts RMS with a 1'' dome tweeter and 4" woofer, 900MHz carrier transmission). Obviously this will not give me the quality I'd really like, but since there is primarily only background surround coming from the rear channels anyway, I wonder if I'd still enjoy the addition.

So for anyone that has experience with these wireless speakers, would this be a bad thing? Do the speakers distort sound? Do they add static or pops or introduce (or cause) other wireless interference? I'd rather not waste $150 on something I'd hate, so I'm looking for any feedback.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'd have to say that they are pretty much horrible, and very susceptible to interference from 900mhz phones and cell phones. I'd rather have a good stereo sound that an awful surround sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.