AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My job requires that I be on call 24 hours a day. This means that I have tried all sorts of room darkening shades, blinds, etc. Most blinds are useless and the vinyl ones that do work are hideous. I have been searching for the best solution to darken my room for a hopefully soon to be purchased projector. I have searched the internet for blackout drapes and found some. But the problem is the expense as well as not being able to judge what looks well. I happened into Linen & Things today to return some things for my wife. What I discovered there were black out drapery liners. They are 40.00 for 2 curtains which are 54 inches wide total and 80 inched long. They is an insert which has a magnetic strip to hold them together. Next step was purchasing two cherry colored ribbed poles, one 8 feet and one 6 feet which connect with a simple screw that cost $1.00. I purchased four simple brackets to hold the poles for about 40.00. Next were drapes. There ware some 54 inch by 80 inch drapes with loops to go around the poles that cost 19.99 per pack. I waited and let my wife pick the drapes. The results are a very dark room with drapes that can be easily moved back. The drapes my wife picked look very nice. I didn't care about this only getting the room dark. So for a couple of hundred dollars, I was able to be a very dark room. If I had a valance over the top, I'd have 100% light control. Right now I'd guess, it's about 90%. It was simple and low cost. I think it also reduces my concerns about the brightness of a projectors. I posted this here because brightness and light control still seem to be issues that confront anyone looking for a front projection system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.