Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A note to the Sonic folk and other Replay followers:

Please reinstate the function of the PAUSE button. When selected, the program in progress is PAUSED. It once was and always should be “paused.â€

Possibly a button on the remote could be dedicated to seeing an ad if you believe this is a benefit to your client-base. It should not be labeled “pause.â€

I purchased my Replay based on Replay’s premise that the unit had value in helping avoid ads. Nothing saddens me more than my reliance on a promise and my subsequent decision to buy a machine that has become a delivery vehicle for them.

I can no longer recommend your product to colleagues and other acquaintances. I apologize to all whom I have deceived with my praise for this marvel of the past. You are a thing of the future if you don’t cast yourself into the past. The concept will endure--- but only so with the Replay name if careful steps make it so. Don’t alienate the support you have gathered.

JaniceB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Janice---

You echo my thoughts eloquently. (You express the whole thing in simple, yet positive terms.)

Here’s a try at the same statement--- PLEASE MAKE THE BAD ADS GO AWAY. I hate them and also have had to express my regret to a co-worker who purchased a Replay recorder on my recommendation. Sorry. I didn’t expect the ads.

Jed

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
A note to JaniceB and other newbies.

(and people who are registering new names to fan the PAUSE SCREEN OF DEATH flames)

Please learn how to post to other threads before starting your own. We already have multiple threads about the pause screen and I find it incredibly annoying that more keep popping up.

I read this thread based on JaniceB's premise that it contained something new and informative. Nothing saddens me more than my reliance on a promise and my subsequent decision to read a thread that has nothing new to say.

I can no longer recommend your threads to colleagues and other acquaintances. I apologize to all whom I have deceived with my praise for your ideas. You are a thing of the future if you don’t cast yourself into the past. The concept will endure--- but only so with the JaniceB name if careful steps make it so. Don’t alienate the support you have gathered.

LizardB

·
Registered
416 Posts
This is not the "Hi we're sonic blue, tell us what we can do to make YOU happy' forum.

Don't like it? Then don't buy it, don't tell you friends, whatever...

Oh, and when you find that little corner of the world where there is no advertising, gee, could you let me know, too?

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Of all the things in this world that you can get upset about. Some people

go off the deep end over the smallest things.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Yah, no kidding.

That smiley face with the rolled eyes you just used for instance.

IT... MAKES... ME... SO... MAD!!!!

Ok, ok, I've been to 12 step groups, and I'm in regular therapy for it, but jeez! I want to banish them for the world!

I THOUGHT this forum would be a safe harbor, but NO! Again, that dang rolly-eyed smiley keeps rearing its ugly head!

MUST... RESIST... AR-15... IN... CLOSET!

I can no longer recommend this message board to colleagues and other sufferers of Smiley Face Dysmorphic Disorder (SFDD). I apologize to all whom I have deceived with my praise for this haven of rampaging smileys!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Toots - your next mission, should you decide to accept it, is to find the memory address of the pause ad time delay and then once accomplished find a way to change that value.

As usual, the agency will disavow any knowledge of your actions...

This message will self destruct when you press the exit key.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ReplayFreeze
Toots - your next mission, should you decide to accept it, is to find the memory address of the pause ad time delay and then once accomplished find a way to change that value.

As usual, the agency will disavow any knowledge of your actions...

This message will self destruct when you press the exit key.
Not a bad idea, whad'ya think Toots, you still hackin'?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
You know, I'd give it a shot if I cared enough.

Not really a bad time, either. The 60G Maxtor in my 2060 is heading south, so it looks like I'm gonna have that box open in the near future, anyway.

I'd almost be tempted to go look at the XML files, 'cept that now that I think of how the pause screen works, it probably doesn't get there that way.

But ultimately, the whole pause ad thing doesn't bother me enough to really spend the time on it.

I do have a lot of free time lately, but it is evenly spent split among the following activities:

1) Goofing off

2) working on some web sites that are in bad need of attention, and haven't seen any decent work in months ( http://www.dawnscurrency.com , http://www.scumoftheearth.org )

3) Trying to decide whether or not I really want to finish that second novel I'd been working on (and no, I don't bother trying to get any of them published).

Hacking Replays is rather low priority for me right now, and only done when it's necessary to get one working.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard_boy
A note to JaniceB and other newbies.

(and people who are registering new names to fan the PAUSE SCREEN OF DEATH flames)

Please learn how to post to other threads before starting your own. We already have multiple threads about the pause screen and I find it incredibly annoying that more keep popping up.

I read this thread based on JaniceB's premise that it contained something new and informative. Nothing saddens me more than my reliance on a promise and my subsequent decision to read a thread that has nothing new to say.

I can no longer recommend your threads to colleagues and other acquaintances. I apologize to all whom I have deceived with my praise for your ideas. You are a thing of the future if you don’t cast yourself into the past. The concept will endure--- but only so with the JaniceB name if careful steps make it so. Don’t alienate the support you have gathered.

LizardB
Thank you Lizard_boy!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by toots

http://www.scumoftheearth.org )

Ya know, toots, your sabbatical from this forum has rekindled a whole new fire of sarcasm that was sorely missed. I can't recall any DrStrange/FreezeFrame flame wars while you were gone; The forum almost took on a different air. With your continued presence, we will be able to be entertained, as well as informed, by this forum.

Keep up the good work, here and at SotE!

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sixt7gt350
That goes for me too. Thanks for posting those links Toots, the SOTE site is great! DVD ads that cannot be skipped, now that's worth rallying against, so whadya say people, forget moaning about pause ads that don't interfere with your life whatsoever and fight against ads that do!

Here's a pic from Toots' SOTE site that's just great.....
http://www.drbanks.com/pub/cri.jpg

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Umm..

Sorry, Robman, but my sites have a little magic on them that generally disable outside hyperlinks to images within my site.

But, in the name of helping out, I've moved a copy of that one to a public directory for you:

http://www.drbanks.com/pub/cri.jpg

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sixt7gt350

Ya know, toots, your sabbatical from this forum has rekindled a whole new fire of sarcasm that was sorely missed. I can't recall any DrStrange/FreezeFrame flame wars while you were gone; The forum almost took on a different air. With your continued presence, we will be able to be entertained, as well as informed, by this forum.

*SIGH*

The story of my life: always a catalyst, never a reagent.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by toots
Sorry, Robman, but my sites have a little magic on them that generally disable outside hyperlinks to images within my site.
Hmm... The old image was displaying just fine on my browser (IE 5.5), but I have changed the link to point to your public version, just in case (thanks for that).

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Yah, what happens with IE is that if the image is still in your browser cache, it'll display fine for you, but everyone else will get errors. Then, if you press "REFRESH," you'll get the little red "X," too.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard_boy

glad you enjoyed it :D
Toots and Lizard_boy,

Not that I'd ever like to start a fight here, but should the two of you ever have a disagreement could you pleeaase air it here in the forum? It would be damn entertaining, I'm sure! :D Nothing better than a couple of excellent competitors in a verbal jousting match. Toots could even be the reagent if she wants. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.