AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

I'm planning on doing a multi-month bicycle tour abroad and need some of your expert advice on choosing a camcorder. my requirements for the camcorder, at this point:

- portability and durability (this will be packed on a bike)

- battery strength

- suitable for interviews (boom mike compatible? night vision? headphones?)

- able to back up or upload data via the internet to a US-based server

- suitable data format for editing and sharing data online (youtube) and on DVDs.

- cost effective. on this first tour, i'm thinking under $1000, but i'm open to all suggestions.

any specific recommendations, advice on criteria, or good experiences?

Ryan

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tincankilla /forum/post/15451985

hi all,

I'm planning on doing a multi-month bicycle tour abroad and need some of your expert advice on choosing a camcorder. my requirements for the camcorder, at this point:

- portability and durability (this will be packed on a bike)

- battery strength

- suitable for interviews (boom mike compatible? night vision? headphones?)

- able to back up or upload data via the internet to a US-based server

- suitable data format for editing and sharing data online (youtube) and on DVDs.

- cost effective. on this first tour, i'm thinking under $1000, but i'm open to all suggestions.

any specific recommendations, advice on criteria, or good experiences?

Ryan

well i would reccomend a POV camcorder to mount on your bike...any HD cam with a CMOS sensor will not fare well on any moving object such as a bike or car...So you can find a nice POV cam to mount on the bars or front fork for under $300 US....

Next, for interviews I would reccomend the hf11 or HF100....both are small and have no internal moving parts other than the lens....They will be easily stowed and offer great options in terms of a shotgun mic hot shoe and or lapel mic....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts