AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
advice, experience needed / wanted: stabilisation by a Sony PJ620 & a Pana V550 cams

Hello !

I plan to buy a videocamera. I read several reviews and watched youtube videos about tests or recorded videos by thoswe cameras I'm interested in.

I would like to choose between SONY HDR PJ620 (stabilisation: Balanced Optical SteadyShot ) or Panasonic HC V550. (Hybrid OIS)

I need help, advice about:
Which stabilisation is better ?
Or can be Canon R606 , R66, R68's stabilisation be better ?

Thanks for your help !

Gabor

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I don't think anyone here owns both cameras so won't be able to comment. You may have to look to YouTube or Vimeo for "test" shots or try them out.
The Sony BOSS gets a lot of positive reviews.

Neither of those cameras will be a poor choice. If I had to choose and could not try them, I would pick the Sony because of the unique BOSS system.

Good luck!

Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum!

I don't think anyone here owns both cameras so won't be able to comment. You may have to look to YouTube or Vimeo for "test" shots or try them out.
The Sony BOSS gets a lot of positive reviews.

Neither of those cameras will be a poor choice. If I had to choose and could not try them, I would pick the Sony because of the unique BOSS system.

Good luck!

Bill
Thanks for your reply and advice, bsprague :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Surely you can't claim that a waggly lens with all the mechanical inertia of the lens system is better than an electronic system correcting at the speed of electrons?:rolleyes: That is why the "hybrid" system is becoming more popular.

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
If you need more serious stabilization, Make magazine had this project:

I, personally, use a monopod.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I wonder if it waggles at 60 wags per second (WPS) to match the AVCHD 60 frames per second (FPS) shooting rate? Lightspeed might be too fast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts