AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wanted to bounce this set-up for a 5.1 system plus multi zone home off of you all.

We recently purchased a home and it was prewired with a 5.x system in the main living area with 5 additional zones containing a total of 7 speakers:

1 outside, 1 in kitchen, 2 in MB, 2 in Family room, 1 in master bath

Each zone has independent volume control in the room. They do not appear to be impedance matching units.

I intend to purchase the following units to run the systems:

1. Denon 1909/789 - this is intended to power the 5.1 system in the main living room. The denon only needs to pass through the video signal to the TV as all sources being used are HD

2. Onkyo TX8555 Stereo Reciver. I plan on attaching this to a niles HPS-6 (Six-Pair High-Power Speaker Selector) which I will then connect to the individual speakers. Is the HPS-6 overkill when the SS-6 would be just as effective?

I suppose I could also connect the two receivers should I ever want to deliver the same signal to every speaker in the house.

Does this seem sufficient or am I missing something completely? I am obviously a complete noob and would appreciate any feedback/commentary. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
The 1909 has a "zone 2" amplifier built into it...you might want to check with senon to see if that would be enough to run the Niles switcher.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion Tim. I will definitely look into it. If it does not then does the setup look solid otherwise or would you suggest a different route? I want to keep the cost of the project to about $1k give or take

1 - 3 of 3 Posts