AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my Onkyo 805, it is not sounding right and beyond its years.

I have a 2.1 channel setup with B&W 684 pair and an older Paradigm Sub-12. I mainly use this system for music, but also need it connected with my TV.

Inputs:
Sonos: has Analogue or digital audio
DirecTV: has Analogue or digital audio
Blu Ray: has Analogue or digital audio

Wondering if there is an integrated amp out there that has either digital inputs our also includes HDMI switching.

I could option to have the TV do the switching if needed, but trying to figure out what options i have.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
I am looking to replace my Onkyo 805, it is not sounding right and beyond its years.

I have a 2.1 channel setup with B&W 684 pair and an older Paradigm Sub-12. I mainly use this system for music, but also need it connected with my TV.

Inputs:
Sonos: has Analogue or digital audio
DirecTV: has Analogue or digital audio
Blu Ray: has Analogue or digital audio

Wondering if there is an integrated amp out there that has either digital inputs our also includes HDMI switching.

I could option to have the TV do the switching if needed, but trying to figure out what options i have.
I think you would be best served by getting
A good quality AVR. Especially if you want HDMI.
In fact I don't know of any integrated amps that
Do HDMI.

My personal favorite is the Outlaw Audio rr2150.
It's a 2.1 receiver that has analog bass mgmt...which
Is very hard to find. No HDMI or digital connections except
A USB for computer audio.
http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/rr2150.html

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Normally I recommend buying a stereo amplifier, however with video sources you need DD/DTS decoding, downmixing, HDMI audio/video routing so in your case I'd get a AVR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts