AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my current set up:

Onkyo TX-DS595 with BluRay player plugged in to the analogue 5.1 inputs.

The Onkyo (which I bought back in 2002) is still going strong but because of its age does not have any HDMI inputs. I recently bought a Synology NAS D212j which I have connected via eithernet to my Panasonic ST30 TV. The current issue I have with this system is getting FLAC audio (either 2.0 or 5.1) to play. The BluRay player doesn't support it neither does the TV. I've spent weeks with the Synology tech team and have come up with nothing.

What I would like to do:
  • I would like to have a system that has all of my audio/video streaming from the NAS.
  • I would like something that plays most HD video content but also like to play: FLAC files - both 5.1 and 2.0, ACC, mp4, H.264.

If I need to get a new receiver amp, I'm fine with that but if this could be done with a media player with a analogue 5.1 output - then even better. If I needed both - then so be it.

The BluRay player I have is a cheapo brand (Allure) which I only bought because it is multi-region. I am thinking about upgrading because the Allure doesn't play some discs and I haven't had any luck finding a firmware updates (this latest one I found was 2009!). - so if anyone had a suggestion for a new BluRay player - it would have to be multi-region (I was looking at Oppo since I have a few DVD-A and SACD discs).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts