AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Hitachi 57F500 rear projection that does up to 1080i. It has never been cabilbated other then me doing the basics with a Avia disc.

I would like to get into some software and equipment to make it look as good as possible. If I get a Spyder 2 along with the Color HCFC software will this do it for me.

Or would investing in something like Calman with the Eye-One pro be that much better to justify the extra money.

Any other suggestions would be great, I have also considered getting an ISF to do it, but that is hard to find in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
CalMAN with an Eye One Display LT would be a good option in between the two. The Spyder2 isn't as horrible with CRT RPTV's as it is with some other display types, so I would say it would be a possible choice if you need to keep the cost really low.

By the way, I do make it out to certain parts of Wisconsin...

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the thoughts. I am in North West Wisconsin, Rice Lake to be exact. I have no idea what it would even cost to get a professional calibration around here because it is hard to find one.

If I did buy something I would like it to work with LCD and Plasma as well just for future upgrades. Although so far all the LCD's and Plasmas I have looked at I still like picture of a rear projection for some reason.....

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
make sure you do a solid convergence cal before you start, and then don't move the set!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Mudder /forum/post/12968280

Thanks for the thoughts. I am in North West Wisconsin, Rice Lake to be exact. I have no idea what it would even cost to get a professional calibration around here because it is hard to find one.

If I did buy something I would like it to work with LCD and Plasma as well just for future upgrades. Although so far all the LCD's and Plasmas I have looked at I still like picture of a rear projection for some reason.....

You can contact craig rounds at CIR-engineering.com who lives in Chicago and travels all over the place..certainly farther than where your located..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts